Inverness Castle is located in the city centre of Inverness, overlooking the River Ness.
The castle was built in 1836 to house the Sheriff Court but the site has been used for fortification structures, since the eleventh century.
Inverness Castle is now owned by the Highland Council and used as a court.
The castle interiors are not open to the public to tour or visit, however this may change in future. Visitors may visit the grounds of the castle, free of charge. Guests can also ascend the North Tower, known as Inverness Castle Viewpoint, for a small fee, currently £5 for an adult, with concessions available.
The castle is around 15 minutes’ walk from Inverness Railway Station and Inverness Bus Station.
Parking is available at Rose Street Multi Storey Car Park, around 15 minutes’ walk from the castle. There is also limited roadside parking in proximity to the castle and at the local shopping centre.